Old 08-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #307
xdavidx
Emperor McDuck

Drives: 2019 86 GT; 2018 BMW S1000RR
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post
Do you think that during shipping the manufacturer/supplier has any control on how it's packed into a container.. Yes, it was a joke, and yes you've taken the 'fun' out of it... taken the wind out of my sails, so to speak..

So happens I used to work for Harbor Freight corporate, had regular involvement with supply chain, logistics, QA, and legal and yes they do have control over how it's packed into a container. That said, it is possible that other manufacturer/suppliers do not as HFT has no 'middle man' so there is no stage in the shipping process that they do not have oversight of.

Anything with chemicals like oil as these contain though have tighter regulations on how they are shipped. If they ship upside down and oil leaks it could cause fires or environmental damage. Companies can be fined for not shipping these right side up. When I was there, they had an issue due to customer return generators containing gasoline, leaking, and setting a truck on fire. That was taken very seriously by all parties involved and corrected immediately.
xdavidx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xdavidx For This Useful Post:
JD001 (08-05-2019)