Old 06-21-2016, 04:49 PM   #4235
AlanLGuy

Drives: Raven 6 speed Manual FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleisbest View Post
I hate seeing this misinformation!! No, the FR-S and BRZ are not identical, as spring rates are different (BRZ has stiffer Front).
*rolleyes*
I'm sorry, maybe I should have said there a no "meaningful" differences between the two.
As soon as you add an aftermarket shock the spring rate differences are irrelevant and handling can be tuned with shock settings, even if you don't do adjustable shocks, simply adding a bigger front bar on the FR-S or a stiffer rear bar on the BRZ gives it similar handling characteristics as the other.

With the street class allowances a FR-S or BRZ can be made to handle just like the only meaningful difference is the FR-S gets many more sway bar setup options and a stiffer spring and lower ride height and therefore has an advantage over the BRZ.

But if people were really srs bzns they'd have got the FR-S in the first place because it's lighter than the BRZ(which you forgot to mention by the way)

2000 Celica GT-S - "Frankenstein" CAI, Boosted2.0 Ported Header, TRD Exhaust, ES Motor Mount Inserts, ES Suspension Bushings, Southbend TZ clutch, Fidanza Flywheel.
AlanLGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlanLGuy For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (06-21-2016)