Old 06-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #4233
simpleisbest
Senior Citizen

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanLGuy View Post
Personally I think moving the BRZ and non-TRD FR-S makes the most sense (they are identical cars after all) I see the TRD FR-S as similar to the MSR Miata(though obviously the parts and availability are much higher)
I hate seeing this misinformation!! No, the FR-S and BRZ are not identical, as spring rates are different (BRZ has stiffer Front).

MSR comparison is totally non-applicable. MSR was never really produced and very expensive. TRD parts can be had for less than $700 shipped and are actually a port installed option (Yes, there are actual workers at the Port of LA installing these) vs the MSR which was a non-existant trim.

Too many idiots cry conspiracy about the port options, when it are no different than any factory option, but applied to imported vehicles.

Maybe their isnt enough " 'MURICA " to get these idiots to understand?

I mean, does anyone complain about the Corvette Z51 package factory options? No.
Are there separate class for Z51 and non-Z51 Corvettes? No.

By using the same argument of splitting a car by factory line item options (not by trim), should the non-Z51 Corvette now be in C-Street??

If they do this for the twins, why shouldn't we see this for other cars?

People need to wake up and accept the fact that there will not be a proper home for all cars in Street Classes. That is the nature of the class and rules.

If you want parity and equality, go buy a CRX and go STS.
simpleisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simpleisbest For This Useful Post:
Shark_Bait88 (06-21-2016), TMF (06-21-2016)