View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 10:30 PM   #267
Chad86
DrivinginDreams...Cloud86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I love the idea of painting the tach/speedo trim piano black. What paint did you use? Is it too reflective with the sun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
Here's mine. For anyone who doesn't like the red stitching, JPM Coachworks can use any color leather or Alcantara and any color thread to make your interior however you like. I was very tempted to go with a desert beige or saddle brown interior but the cost of reupholstering the seats was prohibitive. You could of course always change the seats or get some of those nice covers on the market.

Many black plastic trim pieces painted piano black. Painted silver trim was repainted professionally and clear coat added for higher quality finish:

Still have a couple things left to do. I want to repaint the silver trim pieces on a black base coat so they look more like chrome. Also want to paint the trim ring around the Engine Start button to match. Want to wrap the rear deck shelf in Alcantara and do the perforated door panel sections in perforated Alcantara. Then maybe I can call it quits