View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 05:16 PM   #169
lazyluka

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Most of the questions asked have already been answered..... Please consider reading the full thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybmx View Post
Is there any way to drain the oil from this cooler during oil change?
See posts above (#155/#156). You don't need to drain the oil during oil change. This is perfectly normal on every oil cooler out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM4E View Post
A few questions

1) is the radiator deeper than stock to the engine area? (read: will it fit JDL EL catted longtube header?)
2) any disadvantages or concerns for daily use? I am thinking of this piece as another step from Forester water/oil cooler. I live from -30 °C to +30 °C, daily, spirited, and 20 mins max. occasional track sprints. Also if this warm up the oil even faster than Forester cooler, than great. I don't want dedicated air-oil cooler because of winter hassle
3) any chance JacksonRacing will reconsider and provide better quality hoses as mentioned above?
4) can you see the JacksronRacing logo from the front of the car? If so, can it be removed or somewhat erased? Nothing about the brand, just OEM stealth look for me.
Thanks
1) Radiator is 31mm and majority of thickness is pushed backwards. Post #59
Also see Post #78 for how to measure if it will fit with your exhaust
2) I don't think warm up will be much different to the Forester cooler. Should be OK for cold climates. Post #38 Post #45
3) I am sure the JR hoses will be fine, but you can always make/purchase your own hoses if this is a huge concern. I have however emailed @CSG David about doing something like this on the order I placed just due to international shipping delays/peace of mind.
4) The radiator is located behind the AC condenser so you can't see the radiator from the front of the car even if it has a logo on it (unless you have an AC delete).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
Does anyone know if this is an improvement over the Forester XT cooler mod with a larger radiator?
Yes it would be an improvement considering it will apparently outperform the Perrin. I am moving from the Cusco cooler (similar to the Forester) to this to avoid overheating the oil on extended track sessions.
See Post #97
To upgrade or not will depend on the type of driving you are doing. If you don't track your car, the XT cooler may be sufficient for your needs.

Last edited by lazyluka; 06-07-2017 at 05:28 PM.
lazyluka is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lazyluka For This Useful Post:
7 skulls (06-07-2017), CxG (07-06-2017), Harvie1031 (06-07-2017), JDM4E (06-07-2017), Jyn (09-08-2017), Teseo (08-22-2017)