soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristor View Post
I'm running 225/40R18 tires on 18x8.5 +44 ET wheels right now, it works perfectly fine without any rubbing on stock suspension. If you lower the car 1" (which is where I'm at right now) on coilovers, you will need spacers front and rear to get a flush fit. I have -3.2F/-2.2R and I need 18mm spacers for both, but am running 15mm right now and it's close enough to flush for me. To run the spacers you will need extended studs, so have fun in the rear

If you know you'll be lowering straight out, you should figure out your likely camber settings and get wheels with the correct offset to get within 5mm of being flush that way you can change camber somewhat and run normal spacers on extended studs, if you go too nuts to get your wheels to be flush you'll end up needing bolt on spacers.

Also, do yourself a favor and don't buy Rotas.

If you run a reasonable offset its completely unnecessary to be on 18s to fit a BBK.
to clarify, the main issue with going wider than 225 is tire-to-spring clearance, right? there's enough wheel well clearance elsewhere that even massive 245/255's would fit fine regarding only the wheel well, right?

ideally, i wanted to be running an 18x8, but i'm being picky about wheel selection, and none of them come smaller than 8.5. my 2nd choice is the titan 7t-s5, which really only comes in 18x9.5, which creates even more problems.

are rota's too soft? i've read a little about it, but i'm willing to heed the warning. thanks.

the reason i'm looking at 18's is because the baer bbk that i'm looking to run specifies that 18's must be ran for clearance. flush really isn't a concern, as long as i'm close. the main concern is clearing the calipers.
http://baer.com/14-Front-Pro-Brake-System-4011000.html