View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 11:51 PM   #51
Lakitu

Drives: 2017 Halo 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Rescaled the MAF and corrected the CL a few days ago, no more crazy fuel trims. I'll figure out how to do OL later, it screws everything up.

Installed the following today with very few issues:

Driveshaft - Car doesn't feel faster, but it feels more... lively? Blipping the throttle to downshift is a better experience. No longer need to downshift when driving up long hills in the neighborhood. There's some cabin noise at below 2k rpms, but its barely audible.

Shift Knob - Amazing! Shifter feel in the palm of the hand is very reassuring

Reverse Lockout - Looks good, doesn't rattle.

Shifter Springs, Bushings & Trans Insert - Love these! Shifting is so much more dialed in than ever. It feels almost impossible to partial shift or mis-shift. Feels a lot more precise and and movements are clean. Some central cabin noise at 3.8K rpms, nothing too bad. The vibrating interior light switch is the loudest thing in cabin right now.

Everything went smooth during installation. I went ahead and also took down the frontpipe and midpipe to examine for exhaust leaks and I found some all over the FT86SpeedFactory V2 midpipe. Every welded seam had soot... so I rubbed copper RTV all over them, then added some between overpipe, frontpipe, midpipe, and muffler connections. Car is MUCH quieter and far less raspy.

Last edited by Lakitu; 07-22-2018 at 12:20 AM.
Lakitu is offline   Reply With Quote