Thread: Another V8 Swap
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 03:16 PM   #153
Dom_J

Drives: BRZ, E63 AMG, Lancer, Integra
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Awesome swap, I love the LS.

Are there any type of performance numbers associated with these swaps? You mentioned this swap was going to be ideal for you solely based on giving you more bang for your buck and reliability at pretty high HP levels.

I can't find any numbers for a V8 swap 86 around button willow or drag times outside of the drift car benefits. With a swap performed "so much" to get the moniker of "another V8 swap," where are the track times? lol Youtube has everything, and there's practically nothing. More so, "I want the car show points."

I recently found a FT86 track event in Japan and the V8 swapped 86 trumped the competition featuring boosted FA/4U vehicles etc by almost 10 seconds. I've seen RX7 guys have problems with strength in the drivetrain support area with the added weight/torque down the drag strip. I'm wondering if we haven't reached that plateau of people really pushing the vehicles. Who's really putting one of these V8 swaps through the paces?

There's so much potential, I honestly believe your about to have a real supercar on your hands for a fraction of the cost. I hope to see people trying out more engines soon, the VQ is more than capable and a third of the cost, not to mention the transmission is bulletproof.

Last edited by Dom_J; 01-11-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Dom_J is offline   Reply With Quote