PERRIN_Chris

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to PERRIN_Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg_1981 View Post
This review is about my experience with Perrin's Engine Mounts for Force Induction Application

Purchase Date: Jan 2013
Received Date: April 2013
Installed Date: April 15, 2013

***The pictures kinda sum it all up. The mounts are melting!***
Let me start off by saying I live in Florida and this car has been FI(Perrin Tuned Vortech & FA20Club Turbo) . The exhaust system on the car was a Perrin 2.5 header back. We only found this problem because I was switching setups to a 3inch header back exhaust system. Huge props to @Ironsquid for seeing it. I also have every cooling product on the car you can buy to keep engine bay temps down.(vented hood, ceramic coating, radiator, oil cooler...etc)

Quality: 4/5
Design looks great. Mounts felt like quality in hand. When on the car the engine mounts kept the engine from rocking. Very little NVH.

Packaging: 5/5
Came in a nice box with bubble wrap well packaged.

Install:
Can't comment on this mechanic installed them.

Durability: 1/5
The mounts have only been on for 10 months and this is the condition of them. The mount is disentgrating you can pick pieces of urethane right off.

That is not normal for sure, sending PM! Sorry for the hassle. I'm not sure how many customers of ours have turbo kits installed with our header, this is the first we've seen melt! It could be that it will need additional head shielding.
PERRIN_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PERRIN_Chris For This Useful Post:
Marchy (03-07-2014), mfbmike (02-24-2014), PERRIN_Mladen (02-24-2014), whataboutbob (03-07-2014)