View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
Leeky
3S-GTE Junky

Drives: Toyota Celica GT-Four ST205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Updated: Toyota GT86 - facts from Japan (Handmade and only 1000 units/yr - DEBUNKED)

PLEASE NOTE - THE INFORMATION IS INCORRECT AND WAS THE RESULT OF A MISUNDERSTANDING. WE'VE LEFT IT HERE SO THAT NEW READERS CAN STILL UNDERSTAND THE MIX UP AND FOLLOW IT.

Hello all!

Im here in Japan and i've just been to the Fuji Speedway where i met the Chief Engineer and also witnessed the unveiling of the Toyota GT86 - Official Name.

The car is confimed for a worldwide release in April 2012.

The car will be limited to 1000 units per year only.

Each car i can confirm will be hand made.

The automatic gearbox is based on the LF-A gearbox which means it will be a very good box. I spoke to people who have driven both the manual and the automatic and tell me that its hard to choose between the two. But that they are both very very good.

Toyota are not making any profit from the 86 and the sale price will make them break even.

Im happy to answer any questions about the car and will be posting up pictures and videos right now.

I will be going to the Tokyo Motor Show on Wednesday were they will have a number of production models in different colours and spec - hopefully even a TRD GT86. I will sit in the car and take many detailed pictures for you all.

Best Regards

Leeky

Last edited by Leeky; 12-02-2011 at 05:12 AM.
Leeky is offline   Reply With Quote