View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #24
coyote

Drives: Slowly
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurburgring View Post
Dude, you sound like a technology curmudgeon, I understand your concerns regarding DI but you can say the same about almost every piece of technology on a modern engine:
- DI!! Nooo!! A 10% improvement in efficiency is not worth my tuning time!!
- Dual AVCS!! Noooo!! WTF?! now I have to tune and infinetly variable valve timing system, and on two cams!!
- 12.5 CR!! Noooo!! Itīs too high!! I canīt slap a turbo and boost 30 psi right out of the box!!
- DOHC! wtf?! Now I have to change TWO cams to get some power!! One is more than enough!!
- Fuel injection?! what?!!! It should come with carburetors for sure!!

Just get over it already. Itīs not the end of the world, competent tuners will see it as an additional step but will eventually take advantage of it.
Mate, I am a competent tuner and everything else you've listed is a positive. Although not as attractive as port injected engine (due to parts availability), I'd be happy with proper DI.

I suspect that in a few years time when direct injection on petrol engines is a more mature technology, this D4S system will be the Beta VCR of blue ray players.

Not one person I've spoken to in the industry thinks this is a positive. The most common response has been "Fark, why did they do that?".
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote