Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkie View Post
I am glad I have the Hard top

By the way that Toyota are speaking with keeping weight down will most likely be a rag top convertible and that would look like crap IMO

And how much body flex would they get even with the extra weight for soft top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepHunta View Post
I have a fear that this convertible will be heavier and less balanced than the hardtop one....

IF, and only IF, the convertible has the same chassis rigidity as the hardtop, same (or less weight) and more hp, then I will trade in my hardtop in a heartbeat!

Gladly pay $30k for it too!
the car was actually developed around being a convertible, weight shouldn't change much, as far as body rigidity, a little will be lost. In fact the car might actually be lighter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLuveKetchup View Post
Convertibles derived from coupes is never a good thing. More like an after thought.
this was actually coupe derived from convertible
there was a write up in an interview back in 2011 with TADA and he mentioned a convertible is in the works and that the car's chassis was originally built for convertible for the main purpose of strengthening the car from the get go and that if the market demanded a convertible, one could easily be made since the car's chassis was built around one in the first place.

If you open the trunk and study it, you can see where the top would logically fit and we would still have a TINY amount of trunk space

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
The Following User Says Thank You to carbonBLUE For This Useful Post:
monkie (02-01-2013)