denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Drives: 2013 FRS and 2010 Mini Cooper
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritty250 View Post
We need more information from these manufacturers. Why dont they list the max/min heights?!? tein is the only company that does this so far, and they dont seem to go low enough. This car is SKY HIGH stock, people talking about raising it blows my mind, if your car can clear a parking block its high enough for a blizzard. If the snow is higher than that youre not going to move in it regardless in a 2600lb rwd vehicle. Enough said. I want to lower this car at least 2.5-3 inches. And so far there are 0 options for that
They all list the heights though if they are available...

2.5 to 3 inches? You're gonna have to wait for a company to fab something then. If you can read Japanese or know someone that does, I'd say start perusing their sites for the specs. Tein and Cusco are the only companies that has anything remotely close to that level of drop available. Tein so far is like 2.2inches, and I think Cusco is about the same. The type of drop you're talking about is going to likely require re-engineering of the suspension dynamics or shorter shock rebounds, which are going to cost a whole lot.

Here are some shots of my RS*R coils:

Front:
Not a lot of space to work with at all, you can't even use pre-load to bring it down any further.

Close-up of available height:

Rear:
Lots of space to work with, but still limited by the overall design of the suspension. You'd have to adjust both pre-load and height to go lower.

Close-up of available height:

So overall I'd say you're gonna be waiting a bit for someone to customize or fabricate something that can go lower. Going that low and remaining functional usually takes air if you're not willing to drop 6-8k on just coilovers.
denkigrve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to denkigrve For This Useful Post:
rcm47 (06-22-2012)