Old 08-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #24
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
Great video as usual. I really enjoy watching them except how you constantly call the cars "piles". Sometimes I wonder if there is a car on the planet that you and Turbowski actually like. I am really looking forward to the track and performance section of the video.
Turbowski actually likes 911 GT3, 911, C6/C7, M3. But he works on crap so much nothing excites him. He'd rather drive and race than talk about them and work on them. He does actually like the S2000 and FRS just does not show it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
I think you are taking him too seriously

But that Chrysler Turbowski had in the shop is a beauty....
Haha all he did was send me pics of Chryslers today to guess which ones they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue FR-S View Post
Nice video, thanks for taking the time to make it!

I've been considering getting rid of my FR-S to get an S2k for a while now.

Couple of questions:

1). You mentioned the power steering was night and day different. Does this mean the 86 provided more feedback? Any elaboration?

2). Does the addition of traction control and drive by wire add or detract significantly from the driving experience on the street? I was aiming for 07/08, but maybe I need to go older if it makes a large enough difference.

3). Did you goto Shigeru's house and interview him? Because that's awesome. (humor)

Thanks!
1.) The FRS steering rack feels almost like a manual rack compared the the S2000, very direct and you get a sense of weight from it and some feedback. S2000 is numb, almost same rack they used in the 2000 Honda Insight first generation unit, not very refined.

2. I hate the traction system on the FRS. It has 3 modes:
A. Prison Mode. B. County Jail Mode C. Probation Mode D. Off with ABS Oddities.

3. Shigeru is in mansion somewhere in space, I had to use stock footage.