View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #22
used2likeit

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 6MT, Daily Driver
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I did the kid duty in my FR-S. It's doable.
  • Only enough room behind the passenger seat, one kid. If there's an adult passenger in front of the kid, they better have short legs.
  • Front facing only, so your other car will be doing 100% infant duty until kid is old/big enough for a front-facing seat
  • Make sure the seat is not too high-base, or you will be bumping your kid's head into the ceiling each time. Our peg-perego seat was too high-up, but an evenflo that looked very wide was actually a great fit. The peg-perego went into the wife's hatchback.
  • There is a trick to getting the kid loaded. You have to tilt the passenger seat and slide it forward. Then, step in with your right foot to hold the seat in place. Then holding the kid flat and head-forward-and-up, bend over and load him into the seat. Your back should hit the ceiling. Practice this maneuver when your kid is calm and happy, I kid you not.
  • The above maneuver is awkward when there's snow and ice on the ground. Be careful.
  • It's actually a nice car for a kid since it's got a five-star safety rating, and the kid is close to the driver for any attention or soothing needs.
I ended up trading it in for a pickup truck anyway, but that was a combo of kid duty needs and wanting to pursue different driving.
used2likeit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to used2likeit For This Useful Post:
DandoX (10-25-2019)