View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 09:29 PM   #17
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
@Busybee i have a few tips that might help

Apply wax as lightly as possible using the included foam pad. The thicker you apply it, the harder it is to remove. You'll learn a few techniques after practice. Don't let the wax dry, just work a section at a time, (like half a panel) wait 1 minute, and then remove using a few nice microfiber towels.

Meguiar's waxes are very nice, Gold Class really has a nice glow to it. Try their ultimate wax as well.

You can get Meguiar's Supreme Shine towels in a 3-pack on amazon for 4.00 as an add-on item, great to pick up when you're shopping there if you use prime. Great towels.

Buffer kits are very nice. The Porter Cable DA I use works great for doing an ultra-fine, ultra light polish. Check this one out, the Porter Cable 7424XP : https://www.autogeek.net/po.html

Meguiar's makes an entire line of quality polishing pads and fine polishes like M205 Ultra finishing polish. Their DMC5 microfiber pad is my go-to for doing an easy polish. Meguiar's makes 3", 5", and 6" backing plates for these kinds of DA polishers so you can change different size pads out for different applications.
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to radroach For This Useful Post:
Busybee (09-03-2019)