Old 05-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #35
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucmecheng View Post
I preordered a black MT premium 2 weeks ago from a Beechmont Subaru in Cincinnati, OH. This week they had a dark grey metallic 6MT limited at a different nearby dealership, Joseph Subaru in Florence, KY. Up until now I had never laid my eyes on the beast. They wouldn't let me test drive it, but I got to sit in it, start it, rev it, etc. Pictures simply do not to the car justice. You have to see it in person.

Humble first impressions:

Exterior: Sex
Interior: Sex
Exhaust note: Sex
Shifter: Sex
Audio System: Sex

Seriously though, I had my doubts about the car after reading the negative reviews. Overall size of the car, quality of interior, sound system, fit and finish, etc. After being in the car myself, these concerns are all gone. At first impression, the car is small - but not too small. Think Civic coupe, only it sits much lower. The car is very spacious on the inside. There is plenty of headroom and you don't feel cramped at all (as long as you're not in the back seat). The interior quality is very nice. For those reviewers upset with it, or those that think it is not up to snuff, you must be comparing it to BMWs and the like. I was just in a 2012 SI and the interior build quality was very similar. For the price of the car the interior is very well matched. The steering wheel felt fantastic - the thickness was great and I could tell that while driving it would offer great control.

I briefly tried the audio and it sounded very good as well. The shifter moves soundly and has a short throw. It felt very well made. The trunk was smaller, but I expected that. Maybe a little smaller than I imagined, but its not terrible. All of the doors/hood/trunk felt solid upon opening and closing. It's no luxury car, but you're not paying for one. The hood was incredibly light.

The exhaust.... oh, the exhaust. It sounded amazing. I had the door open while i was reving it, and the warble of the exhaust sounded great. I liken the exhaust note/engine growl to a crowd of pissed off demons eager to eat the bones of unsuspecting toddlers. It's hungry.

Only thing left now is to take delivery of mine and drive it for real! I can't wait.
Black, Blue, and the DGM is the way to go on the BRZ! SEX, SEX, and more SEX!
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote