Old 11-30-2018, 12:22 PM   #15
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Do you not have the Big brake kit on your thread? That would absolutely help the effectiveness of the tcs system.
Big brake kits won't help the car much. The larger rotors and calipers help to dissipate heat more than anything, which wouldn't have been a factor in that brief moment on a wet day. My semi-metallic pads may even have less bite in the wet than organics, but if they do have better bite then the pads may have helped the most, but extreme braking wasn't at play; it was more like calculated braking to individual wheels at a low to medium brake intensity.

I believe multiple systems could have been involved, but this was probably mostly the VSC system. I had already released the accelerator the second I lost traction, so TC wasn't at play as much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electr...bility_control

Quote:
ESC estimates the direction of the skid, and then applies the brakes to individual wheels asymmetrically in order to create torque about the vehicle's vertical axis, opposing the skid and bringing the vehicle back in line with the driver's commanded direction.
FRSBRZGT86FAN (11-30-2018), Tcoat (11-30-2018)