Thread: New guy
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #15
ToySub1946

Drives: 15FRS, 05MustangGT, 85Toyota truck
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I wouldn't even consider buying a used car in the Houston area....way too many flooded cars, from all the millions of floods you've had...LOL.

New car dealerships are just not interested in promoting this car, whether they be Toyota or Subaru. It's the rare dealer that even has one on the lot. They want to sell what the stupid majority of buyers are purchasing these days. Buyers want practical and don't care about the fun to drive factor.

They don't make this car in green. Maybe online the black ones look green in certain light.

Miata or a used Lotus Elise are your other choices...Oh, yea that Cayman used as well.

My 2005 Mustang GT sits in the garage for five years now. Finally I took it off the road this year, can't rationalize the insurance on a car not driven but once or twice a year.

Check insurance prices on one of these Toy/Sub cars. My insurance is twice the price of my Mustang to insure my FRS. I am 73yo and my insurance is $1300. a year for the FRS.

I really, really needed a warranty on a Ford product. On this FRS no warranty needed. Bought new, now with 67,000 miles and zero need for any repair so far. Made in Japan rules !

I've owned maybe 60 or more cars in my lifetime, nothing as great as this in my past. After driving my FRS for 5 years, still get out of it many days with a smile and find myself laughing...

I have not driven an S2000, newest Miata, or any Cayman, so what do I know ? My FRS literally fits me and my body, I don't think anything else could do better for me.

Just sold S2000:https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ign=2019-11-13

Last edited by ToySub1946; 11-19-2019 at 05:30 PM.
ToySub1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToySub1946 For This Useful Post:
AnalogMan (11-19-2019), Hoahao (11-20-2019)