View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #88
Natheria
Overlord

Drives: SWP 13 BRZ, 94 Miata
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Im pretty much in the same mindset as TuxedoCartman. I was on the fence for a long while between the two cars but i just like the look of the FR-S better. I was going to leave it up to a test drive between the two cars (although i prefer a more neutral handling) but the fact that Subaru is going to be so limited and the ridiculous markups they set pretty much sealed it (maybe if they get prices and quantity under control when I'm actually in the market for this car but i don't think these problems are going away anytime soon). I ain't spending 6+ grand more for the subie badging.

And ironically even though i don't care at all for the Scion brand i can actually appreciate from a business standpoint why they're using Scion for the American market so it's not like i can really be mad at them for doing so. Scion as a whole hasn't really been doing well and this is Toyota's way of jump starting the brand. America is also a lot more brand conscious than most other places and if they can actually improve Scion's image they are in a better position to sell better considering the word Toyota here is synonymous with "boring". My personal choice though is I'd rather be associated with boring since i have yet to meet someone IRL who owns a Scion that I've actually liked.
Natheria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natheria For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (05-07-2012), TuxedoCartman (05-07-2012)