View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #23
Bach415

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1086 View Post
@Bach415 - So in order for weight reduction to work you must first lower the car, but using coilovers or springs? And only a light weight wheel works? Why not the OEM set? Although I know each are 41s lbs. I guess shaving 10-15lbs off each wheel/tire adds up nicely :o

Also, is it a decent option to go with Koni's and some eibach sportlines or teins? or is that weaaaaaaak
You don't need to lower the car. Lowering the car only affects the handling of the car, not the weight reduction. Replacing coilovers maybe a lighter yet stronger solution in terms of reduction weight as well as maintaining and modifying handling. You can still use oem wheels and tires but those are the easiest way to remove unsprung weight assuming you have a good wheel tire combo(aka light rims not on super meaty tires)

For those two options, I have no opinion on them. You may be better off asking someone who is good with suspension as I have no experience running them on the car.

Think about it this way, in order for weight reduction to actually work, you have to have a good balance between unsprung and sprung weight. Too much or too little of one or another may have an effect on your control of the car as well as how planted the car will be towards the ground..
Bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bach415 For This Useful Post:
1086 (12-14-2013)