campy
No rice, no life

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Thanked 1,019 Times in 388 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1086 View Post
@campy hypothetically, with the shredded weight, it would be like driving with 75.6% less of my own body weight sitting in the car. I imagine that reduced weight, met with adequate wHP increase, has to feel noticeable (even on backroads?) - then again I wouldn't know yet lol
I'd suggest you start with the tune first and see how you like the feel of the car, then you can move on to weight reduction.

I used to daily an older Porsche with a roll cage, coilovers, aftermarket exhaust, racing seats, and some of the insulation/carpeting taken out to reduce weight (and make space for the cage). It's cool at first, but it definitely makes the car more tiring to drive. With the FRS, I can go on a 300 mile trip and feel good at the end of it. In that Porsche, after 15 minutes I would have a headache and backache.

Also, girls hated how loud and uncomfortable it was

Of course, this is just my $0.02. You may like it, but in my personal experience, I'd prefer all the comforts that come with a less-modded car for a DD. That said, don't let strangers on the internet make your decisions for you! haha
campy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to campy For This Useful Post:
1086 (12-14-2013), exE36M3 (08-29-2015), Sonolin (03-06-2014)