Old 11-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #10
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
I think there are far better ways to get more interior room than to increase the size of the car (for example - moving the rear seats back into the boot further but having a flat-folding rear seat for when you need to carry larger things).... The last Altezza/IS weighed very little compared to the current one... I would LOVE to see the IS go back to something maybe a little heavier than the Altezza, but keep the same V8 as an engine

I know the current gen IS is a sporty car already, but I really think losing a bit of weight on it would really transform the whole car...
I agree, But it won't help to make the car smaller. I really don't think you grasp how tiny the FT is. It is smaller than an Audi TT. Making the trunk smaller makes it less competitive in it's segment too, and changing all these proportions would have serious consequences in the aesthetic design. I'm not saying the next IS needs to be bigger, I'm just saying that it has to not get smaller, while possibly being the same weight or lighter.

Trust me, I don't think there was anyone more disappointed than me that the IS gained 200-400lbs from Gen1- Gen2.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote