View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 12:17 PM   #602
Tor

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
If you take a little timing out, you could run AFRs of 13:1 no issue. AFRs of 11.0:1 compared to 11.5:1 is likely to cost you a few HP max. If 11.0:0 allows you to run more timing advance, you'll make better power than 11.5:0 with less timing.

Have a look here:
Thanks for the link. The Honda K20 even has a lot lower compression ratio, so would it be reasonable to assume that the range he mentions of 11-13 would probably even be lower for our engines?

Quote:
You could reduce the LTFT range, not sure whether it works or not but could be worth a shot. STFT will still operate as normal so no issues in CL. AF #3 is compensations from the rear O2 and are separate from the LTFT/STFT.

Sounds like the pressure is in kPa, so dividing it by 100 would give Bar. Just make sure you have MAP/MRP correct depending on what you're logging (looks to be MAP) and the defined x axis on the ELC table. I wouldn't bother zeroing it out, you've probably got a better starting point from it with the OEM settings.
The ELC unit says "Manifold Abs Pressure (Bar)". I assume the logs are Absolute too (MAP)?

Ok, I'll leave the stock compensation in there then. I think I will convert and use the Euro MY17 K00G tables and use their values. Since it's the same header and manifold, they must have had a plan with the changes.

If the above doesn't help I'll look into either disabling or lowering the limits of LTFT or live with it as it turns out.

Tor is offline   Reply With Quote