Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuergrissa View Post
No, they were not removed

You are probably right, this was my assumption

No, it wasn't present before. neither pressure plate nor clutch were removed, just pulled the trans off, replaced the TOB and retaining clips, greased the fork pivot (was squeaking), and reinstalled with new trans fluid.

I did the work.

I marked the DS alignment to the differential so it went back on the same way, but the front yoke may have gone into the transmission with a different orientation.

It may be a few weeks before I can put it back in the air and investigate, so I just wondered if anyone had some different ideas. I don't think it's a balance issue because it does not increase in intensity with RPM. and if it were a harmonic resonance it would occur at the same RPM during all operating conditions. The fact that it is only in a certain RPM and only a certain operating condition (under load) makes me think it is probably something mounted too rigidly or not rigidly enough. Checking all the bolts is probably to best way to figure it out, but if anyone has another idea I would love to hear it.

Thanks
Ah, gotcha.

I have a similar issue when I lug the engine between 1k and 2.2k as well as when I'm engine braking from 2.6k down to 2k.

However, I changed my clutch and flywheel plus added a transmission bushing.

I'll keep an eye on on this thread too.
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote