View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 01:01 PM   #36
GrabTheWheel

Drives: 16' BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86joe View Post
I am in Dallas, Texas which is 430 feet above sea level. All of the HBP users in this area including myself saw no more than 12psi max at 7450 redline. So a 3psi gain with RS. And yeah the butt dyno definitely feels great! The numbers are heartbreakers but it definitely feels how it should.
Do you remember your stock baseline numbers and then the numbers with the ~14psi HBP setup?
Unfortunately I don't have a stock baseline on the same dyno. 350 WHP on a mustang dyno is A LOT of power. I'm sure it feels amazing and the car doesn't feel like it's lacking, even in the torque department.

I don't want to upset the Rotrex guys (I use to be one) but the reality is the C38-81 will not make 400-500 WHP on a non hub dyno like many people on this forum claim it will. Maybe with a different cam and higher than stock compression?

The Rotrex feels great, makes cool sounds and mimics the stock power band in a very satisfying way. BUT if you are looking for BIG power it is not a good option even with the RS pulley on E85.

Rotrex touts itself as being the most "efficient" blower can someone please explain this to me? To me that would mean having the most power gains per PSI of boost. Obviously it will not keep up with a turbo and I don't think anyone expects it to. But I promise you that a TVS 1320 with 15 PSI on E85 will make a noticeable amount more power without any dip in power at the top end and plenty of torque down low.

The consensus on this forum that the Rotrex is best for track and the TVS is best for the street just doesn't make sense to me. To me the TVS is clearly the better choice for AutoX and I believe it will out perform the Rotrex on track as well. If you want a car that sounds cool, feels like you're boosted and keeps the stock powerband then go Rotrex. If you want torque and to feel like you have a strong V6 in the car with near silent operation go TVS. The Rotrex is the least likely to blow a stock motor but that's simply because it makes less power as you move away from the CARB setup compared to Edelbrock and Harrop.

Last edited by GrabTheWheel; 02-11-2019 at 01:27 PM.
GrabTheWheel is offline   Reply With Quote