View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 03:03 PM   #23
Docdoc

Drives: Scion FR-S 2014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post

For your first track day you really shouldn't be that concerned about laptimes or which cars you pass. It's about getting comfortable with your car at speed and getting to know the track day process. It does sound like you made some progress and just getting out there once is huge so that's great! Keep going and make sure your car is properly maintained (brakes, oil cooler, tires, etc). Set yourself up with some in-car video and maybe a datalogger so you can start doing some post-trackday analysis. You're doing great so far.

- Andrew
Ya, I’m pretty good on maintenance, I like to keep up with it. I believe that if you properly do proactive maintenance you should “never” (things still happen) be stuck broken down on the road. I just did a oil change as I was 1k till due but since I was hard on it at the track, I went ahead and replaced it and the oil filter. I also will be rotating the tires later this week. The transmission oil was swapped with nicer Motul 300 gear oil at ~12k miles ago, so I should be set on that for a bit longer.

Docdoc
Racecomp Engineering (03-18-2019)