View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 06:12 PM   #80
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Agreed, which is why I would get rid of the digital one.

But much like the styling, to each their own...
I wouldn't have bought the model I have without a digital speedo. In AU the base 86 we call the GT did not (in the start) have a digital speedo, but after trying out the higher GTS spec that did, made me realize it was a must have feature.

If the BRZ didn't have a digital speedo then I would have bought the 86 GTS. Toyota in the very next year after release updated the base GT to have an LSD and digital speedo.

The regular speedo is uselessly small and not as convenient as the digital one. So do you tell me you never use the digital one and actually prefer the analog? When viewed in Kph instead of Miles the needle barely moves.

I also imagine there is localized legislation in every region of the world that stipulates the need for an analog speedo as a set in stone mandatory feature.

Personally I'm the other way round. I'd rather keep the digital and ditch the useless analog one!
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mim For This Useful Post:
S84kam (03-29-2016)