StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,675 Times in 995 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikna View Post
I was driving home on highway this evening and for the first time I encountered a heavy traffic and I think there was a major accident. Anyway, traffic was moving slowly about 3 to 5 miles per hour (I used 1st gear) and a lot of time stop and go. I never practiced hill start, but today at one point car stalled on higher elevation (overpass) and after starting the car I couldn't move the car and started going backward and luckily the driver from behind honked so badly I could stop the car otherwise I would have hit him just about 1 feet gap. Again, I had to stop, but this time I used E-Brake and I could move the car more easily. I saw the driver behind me left me a lot of space. Thank God nothing happened and it took an hour to reach home rather than 15 minutes.

I guess manual/stick cars need more practice everyday. Geez, when will I be a pro?
Why haven't you enabled hill start assist? It's amazing. Soon as you're on a hill and go into gear with the clutch in and on the brake, a little light will flash letting you know you won't roll back. Bada bing, off you go. It's in the manual. Just find the section and follow the steps to turn it on.