View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 05:26 PM   #336
gtpvette

Drives: 2015 FRS - FFR GTM
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got the CTS heater pipe in yesterday. Pic below shows the difference between it (short one) and the Camaro pipe. Needed to get a couple of 90 degree hoses to splice in with what I had and everything went in pretty well. The way it loops, it leaves some room for the AC hoses,, not a lot but some.

I need to weld in a bung on the pipe that runs from the back of the motor to connect to surge tank, so I opted to install everything so I know exactly where there’s room. Found a couple off issues in doing that:

This is 10 lb of stuff in a 5lb bag. Dear god how do you guys do it with a V8….

Fuel line from E85 sensor is too short when the engine harness is installed

Surge tank need to be tucked in closer to shock tower to keep hose from laying on Camaro PCM (cut and weld).

Looking to route AC lines. Biggest issue is the dryer,,, just not a lot of room for it. I want it on the passenger side so it looks like it’ll be mounted to the cold air box just below the catch can. Both AC lines that run to/from the fire wall will run down from the firewall expansion valve, forward next to the motor on the passenger side (next to motor mount) then one to the dryer, the other around the front of the motor to the left side mounted compressor. Didn’t estimate the hose lengths very well,, will need to order more and a couple of more fittings.

Get these things done and all of the plumbing is complete.

As a sidebar,,, I ordered one of those flip top arm rests years ago. Wanted to install it and add a cup holder in front of it. For the life of me I can’t find that fricking arm rest anywhere,, but did start on the cup holder mode it out of fiberglass. The nice thing is it’s 5” deep and should keep my coffee cup out of the way.
Attached Images

2015 FR-S - One Day I'll Finish The Swap
gtpvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtpvette For This Useful Post:
DustinS (04-01-2019), Ultramaroon (04-01-2019), venturaII (04-01-2019)