View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #8
Mike@4DWraps

Drives: Scion
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B$ View Post
Yeah, I have heard only good things from Alex and his shop, however more interested in getting them tinted over painted. Also, Gardena is quite a ways from me especially if I have to make two trips due to it taking a couple of days.

I will still consider it...but anyone else go to any other place?
Just for future reference.. I personally don't recommend any Lamin-X, Oracal, and any other tint films on these taillights. The tint films will gradually shrink - which isn't a problem to most taillights - but it's a huge headache with BRZ / FRS taillights' curvature. I no longer encourage films on them.

A clean spray would do the trick & the gloss (if done well) would be perfect. When you are ready to take the tint off, you can use gasoline to rub them off (almost like goof off, except goof off will starting mixing your taillight & tint permanently - gasoline won't) It takes a good rub.. just get a couple of your buddies & have them start rubbing

As said by other members previously I recommend a person or shop that have done alot of them - whether it's a DIY or customer's project.
Mike@4DWraps is offline   Reply With Quote