View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #228
RYU

Drives: really slow...
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old greg View Post
Don't expect any big power gains unless you've modded the engine and exhaust to the point that the stock manifold and/or throttle body have become restrictive. The best you could hope for on a stock motor would be to gain a bit of torque at high rpm at the expense of losing a greater amount of torque elsewhere.
Perhaps you're right.. perhaps you're not. Impossible to say until it's been tried and developed on.

The reason why I wonder is because this car was developed with the mindset to keep costs down as one of the primary goals. ITBs have a very expensive $/hp coefficient. They may have gone with a single TB and traditional intake manifold/plenum setup just for that reason alone. Unless you're part of the engineering team who developed the FB no one can say for sure at this point how much HP will be lossed or gained from a set of ITBs.

Btw... not in all cases do ITBs create a tradeoff in the way you mentioned (i.e. gain in torque up high and loss down below or vice versa). Properly sized runners alone can yield favorable results.

For someone like me i'd be happy with improved throttle response and a bump of perhaps 20-30hp. 20-30hp optimistic? Yes, perhaps but i'm a glass half full kinda guy

Geez.. i'm excited about modding this car already. Yikes for my pocketbook!
RYU is offline   Reply With Quote