Old 04-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #81
bpracer

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisked Accolade View Post
No one has tried EBC 'Yellow Stuff' track pads?
I needed some better pads at short notice for a track event where I was instructing. I got same-day delivery of some "redstuff" pads from Pep Boys(!). Not a track pad, but with some Motul 600 fluid I was hoping they would be OK. I didn't want true track pads as I'm not planning on tracking the car that hard.

Other than the bed-in coating caused shudder that freaked my out the first few miles, they seemed to hold up pretty good once at the track. I only drove about 80% level as this really is my daily driver: 18x8" with Michelin 225/40 Pilot Sports, Swift BRZ springs.

Definitely more torque than the stockers, previously the rear brakes tried to engage the ABS first, now the fronts seem to engage first. Though I will say they don't seem to bite quit as hard on the drive home from the track today.

No fade, rotors look like the got a work-out but still look fine. The rear rotors have some initial traces of abuse probably due to not being able to kill the traction control all the way.

So, that being said, any suggestions for rear pads? Maybe I should throw on their street only pad, greenstuff. I want a less aggressive pad then the front.

ps, the car is a LOT of fun at the track and it took some willpower not to push it harder. At least one of my students "got it" after I took him for a ride.
Ducati 848
bpracer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bpracer For This Useful Post:
Asterisked Accolade (04-07-2013)