View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 01:57 PM   #12
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDetailer718 View Post
They all pretty much do the same thing. If I'm not mistaken, most if not all fallout removers and wheel cleaners have the same active ingredient that dissolves iron particles.

You should look into clear bra. In my opinion, "glass/ceramic coatings" are a waste of money. You can still get rock chips, bird dropping etching, etc. Clear bras are a much better sacrificial layer.

BTW, if you go with a ceramic coating be careful. If you don't apply it correctly good luck, you're going to have to sand it off, then paint correct and re apply. And all the towels you use will have to be thrown away. Once that "stuff" gets in your microfibers it will cure and crystallize and pretty much turn your towels into sand paper.
One of my friends has an E46 M3 that was a fair weather Cali Car, and he's been DD'ing it in New England for years now. He had it paint corrected, ceramic coated, then the fenders, hood, and front bumper clear bra'd before he drove it out here. It's shocking watching him wash the car. A minute with the foam cannon, a minute with the hose, and 5 minutes with a quick detail and it's done and immaculate looking.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote