Little Member

Drives: Bloo - The 13' BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Yelsew's BRZ: The Story of Bloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Interesting choice of going 245 on a 8" wide wheel, but if you like how it feels then all good. I did not personally care for what I perceived as a soft sidewall on the Indy 500s when I had them, but nice to hear that you are enjoying them so far. You'll have to post up some longer term thoughts about performance and tread life as they wear in.

Nice find on the Zeta catback, haven't seen that name on the forums in a few years, but I remember they were one of the first to market originally with a catback. Looks like maybe the piping flow and path helps tame out the header's sound?
For the tires, i wasn't crazy about the Potenza S-04 i was considering first and my coworkers (fellow tire engineers) all suggested the Indy 500 over it for a decent summer that holds its own in casual AX. You are right as these are softer in the sidewall than some, but they are comfortable for every day while still being reasonably responsive. I chose the 245 as I didnt like the 225/45 diameter and the tire wasnt released in 235/40. The tread width at around 8.6" seemed a decent match for the 8" wheel, without any appearance of stretch.
As for the Zeta Catback, i still think they can be found new, and they look similar in design to one of the Fujitsubo exhaust which also is pretty tame
People just need some #drivermod in their life.
yelsew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yelsew For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (03-28-2017)