View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #28
Hanni_0176

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
Our BRZ was parked in which is why i was driving my wife's Volvo C30 on an errand.

At first I did not realize you were trying to race other cars. That's not really where my mind was at the moment. When we wound up side by side at a subsequent light and you revved your engine and dropped into gear I took the bait. I know better. It was bad judgement on my part and I'm not very proud of myself. I'm also sorry and a bit astounded how hard the little volvo hatch accelerated. You had me by a car length at the start - good launch! regrettably from there it was all over... I probably should have let you win but again showed a lapse of judgement. By the hand gesture you offered out your window when you made a right at the next intersection I can tell your ego was bruised.

You are obviously very proud of your ride and have put a lot of yourself into it. In hindsight I realize the giant asian characters filling your tinted rear window were probably "hachi roku". I would lose the "shocker" hand sign sticker though. I'm hoping you realize your stance has your rear tires rub the tops of your wheel-wells (others can hear it oustide your car when you go over bumps)... or it could be the drone from your exhaust drowns it out some.

You do need to realize the FR-S/BRZ are not muscle cars or dragsters and that many family sedans can post 0-60 times that match or beat ours...

Thankfully no one got hurt and traffic was light but it does not excuse our behavior.
Sounds to me like you had you're very first street race against a ricer. Congratulations

However, I stopped street racing about 8 years ago, so