View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 12:03 AM   #35
laextreme5

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bit of an update. First off I had to cancel the order on the coils, as I had something come up.

Little over a week ago, doing my typical wheel browsing I came across a hell of a deal on a set of ce28n's. Long story short 4 days later they were at my door. Specs on them are 17x7.5 +50 I know thats damn near stock specs but that suits what I'm after. If I'm correct the should poke 5mm further than stock. The best part is they weigh 7-8 lbs per corner less than stock. Which is massive.

Plan is new stickers, new paint, new center caps, and new valve stems to make them like new. I mocked them up this afternoon and they fit as expected. Inner clearance was tight as I'm running maxed out camber bolts. Outer clearance was fine. I deiced to bolt on a 25mm spacer I had, and they sat perfectly. Im not sure if I'm going to tun them or not as I have yet to decide if I'm going to do front lca's from the get go or later down the road. the lcas will allow me to increase track width and push the wheel out closer to being flush even tho they are a high offset.

new computer (4 of 14) by lawrx, on Flickr

new computer (1 of 14) by lawrx, on Flickr

new computer (3 of 14) by lawrx, on Flickr

new computer (2 of 14) by lawrx, on Flickr

And here is with the 25mm bolt on spacer mounted.the wheel was turned slightly so it looks a bit off.

new computer (5 of 14) by lawrx, on Flickr

new computer (6 of 14) by lawrx, on Flickr

new computer (7 of 14) by lawrx, on Flickr

new computer (8 of 14) by lawrx, on Flickr

I also pulled out one of my calipers to start teardown and take weight of a few things. One of my main focuses with the car is to reduce weight as much as possible, esp unsprung weight, as that has a large affect on handling and feedback.

The calipers need a full rebuild. New crossover tube, new bolts etc. Ive got a friend who is going to make the caliper bracket out of t6 aluminum for me, vs the steel they Come with, and I'm currently pricing out Titanium replacement bolts, as the current ones are not looking too hot. Weight savings should come in roughly 8 lbs total from both sides, with a massive jump in stopping power.

new computer (9 of 14) by lawrx, on Flickr

new computer (10 of 14) by lawrx, on Flickr

new computer (11 of 14) by lawrx, on Flickr

new computer (12 of 14) by lawrx, on Flickr

new computer (13 of 14) by lawrx, on Flickr

new computer (14 of 14) by lawrx, on Flickr

My wife also surprised me this past week with an early birthday present. iMac 27'' 5k computer. Ive been editing and such off her 8 year old 13.5'' macbook pro for years now for pictures. Its awesome to finally have a decent large screen to edit on. This also means I can try my hand at a bit of video. The MacBook wouldn't run any video software as it has so much shit on it.
new computer (1 of 2) by lawrx, on Flickr

new computer (2 of 2) by lawrx, on Flickr
laextreme5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to laextreme5 For This Useful Post:
VMRamos (04-20-2017)