Nemesis
H. Badger Cares About Him

Drives: BMW 335i coupe w/ man.6 spd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post
or as I said in a post that got deleted:

I have faith that Toyota will make this car look like a sport car, no matter what design they use.

ie: Its gonna look sporty. If you're already married to the current concept thats been floating around, then you're married to an image, and not the actual car itself (its performance, feel, etc.). The styling is something to think about, imo, but its no where near the important part.

Yes, design is important for sales...but if design takes precedence over performance, than all we have is a shined up turd.

I'm with Jordo on this one. Based on CALTY's FT-HS, if they take a fraction of that cars design and use it for the 86, then it'll look good.
I agree, I don't want a shined up turd either. But I don't want a high performance turd either. If it performs and looks like junk, I might as well get something else. Think about it, toyota's not claiming this will out perform any specific other vehicle. Todays performance vehicles are looking better then ever and still have power and performance. I agree, I definitely don't want a car that can't perform, but if it looks bad, then whats the sense. The average person that purchases this vehicle won't race it, other then some back road curves and stop light showdowns. Toyota needs this car to be recognized at a standstill. They have that with the ED2 concept. The photo provided in this story does not have the looks to bring the attention needed back to toyota. I know that they are claiming that the direction for this vehicle is the resurrection of the AE86 and that the AE86 is not looker, but performs. But to better a legend, I feel it will need looks as well. Especially with todays competition.

Last edited by Nemesis; 02-10-2010 at 12:30 PM.