View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 04:02 AM   #2
insomniac341

Drives: BRRRRRZ someday soon!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
haha I had no idea Huehuecoyotl got banned.

Anyway, this is probably a super lame first post, but after hardcore lurking for the past few months, and reading every single thread I could find, I have a few questions about the Vortech kit + other components of the car.

1. I like the feel of the stock suspension, but want something that lowers it about 1" or so. With the Vortech, I've read that it's a good idea to replace both the shocks and springs (so coilovers I guess). What suspensions are you guys using?

2. Planning to get the AP racing Sprint Big Brake kit from Essex - does the 20lb weight savings help offset the weight of the Vortech? Trying to keep the weight distribution close to the original. Also, Sprint or Endurance? Both seem fine since I won't be tracking it much at all.

3. Does the Vortech work well with the AT? Or, is everyone that has it currently running MT cars?

4. Is an oil cooler needed, based on what you guys have seen SO FAR? Obviously, that can still change with summer coming up, but what has been your experiences?

5. With the Vortech installed, is the Perrin intake (or any intake, for that matter) overkill? If not, which would be good to use with the kit?

6. (probably most importantly) How long of a break-in period is needed before adding the vortech is "safe" for a new engine? I have already decided to buy the kit, I just would like to get it installed ASAP, but want to make sure the engine is broken in properly first...

Thanks so much for even taking the time to read this. I'm excited to be part of this community and really excited to see what else gets expanded upon/developed with this awesome platform.
insomniac341 is offline   Reply With Quote