Old 02-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Acree

Drives: 13 CSB BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Acree's BRZ - The product of boredom and an EE degree

2013 Subaru BRZ 6MT Limited - Crystal Black Silica

Photos from Photoshoot (3/22/14)

I've been meaning to do this for a while but just kept on procrastinating. I wanted to start a thread to help myself keep track of the progression of mods and projects for this car. I know most of you are like me and like seeing pictures. I will make it a point to post up pictures with every update. I thought the name "Testbed" would be very applicable considering what I have in mind for the car. I will updating this section with links and pictures to the individual posts as I go along. I am an electrical by education and profession, so naturally, most of the custom work I will be completing will be electrical.

Modifications Updated 01/27/14

Performance
Ark Grip Exhaust
Ark Test Pipe
HVT Dynamic Electronically Controlled Valving Prototype Coilovers
HVT Camber Plates
RacerXFabrication LCA w/Urethane Ends
Whiteline Front Control Arm Inner Rear bushings (waiting to be installed)
P&L Motorsports Black Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Carbotech XP-10 Front and Rear
Kartboy Rear Shifter Stay Bushing
Turn in Concepts Solid Steering Rack Bushings
Motive Autowerks Master Cylinder Brace
Forgestar F14 18x9.5 +40 all around
265/35/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sports
ARP Carbon Fiber Brake Ducts and Full Hose Kit

Exterior
Tom's JDM Tail Lights
Dual Function LED Authentic JDM Sidemarkers - Paint Match Tinted with Clear
Professionally shaved front bumper
Fully debadged except rear Subaru oval
Trunk swap spoiler delete
Muteki Gloss Black close ended lug nuts
Grimmspeed Hood Struts
30%/15% Front Rear Full Ceramic Tint
Headlight Conversion - 700mA Brighter Boomerang, 700mA Luxeon Rebel x7 Turn Signals, Clear Lens Swap, Washer Modded, Fully Blacked Out

Interior
Blue LED Interior Conversion
Dual Function Domelight
Hardwired Valentine 1
Color Matched Autodimming Homelink Mirror with Integrated Color Modded V1 Remote Display
Raceseng Slammer Shift Knob
Accele RVC1150T Backup Camera
WeatherTech Floormats
Custom TapTurn Module with DRL Enable/Disable Outputs

One-Off Projects
Blue LED Interior Conversion

Hardwired Valentine 1 Install

Blue Valentine 1 Homelink Mirror Retrofit

Dual Function Domelight

Dual Function LED Authentic JDM Clear Sidemarkers

LED Headlight Conversion

Background
My car list is relatively short. I'm 26 years old and have been working on cars since I was 6. When I was growing up, we had a laundry list of domestics including a blown 68 Camaro, a 68 stepside chevy with a 454, a 78 F150, a dirt track racer, etc. In high school, my first car was a 98 GMC Sierra, and this is when my passion for electronics and lighting really came about. When I was 18, I picked up a 2005 Nissan 350Z. I drove that car for 5 years and worked on tons of electrical projects for myself and several others.

In 2010, I picked up a 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution 9. Due to a catastrophic engine failure 3 weeks after I picked up the car, it went under the knife for 8 months getting a 2.4L built motor and all the bells and whistles. My ultimate goal was a daily driven highway monster. Here it is as it sits:

I was always a sucker for Electric Blue.

Mustang Dyno 93 oct Tune: 352/370

Mustang Dyno E85 Tune: 556/546

Fast foward to 12/24/2012. I had been eyeballing the FR-S/BRZ for years but never really considered one. My commute for a few months had been 90 miles a day. The Evo is definitely not a grand tourer. Balance shaft deletes, no cats, solid motor/transmission mounts, horrible mitsubishi build quality all combined to make a very tiring drive. All of that plus never-ending miscellaneous shop visits for maintenance or tuning tweaks put a sour taste in my mouth, not to mention pissing the girlfriend off something fierce.

I finally made the decision to part out the Evo and sell it. I truly wanted to buy a Toyota, but the "Scion" plus the lack of any trim levels pushed me to the BRZ. On the Evo, I had always planned on switching out many of the sub-par systems that came standard with the USDM models with the nicer features that came standard on the EUDM/JDM models such as auto-climate controls, headlight level control, HIDs, etc.

I decided I wasn't going to mess around with that stuff this go around, and decided on the BRZ Limited. I wanted a black 6 speed and didn't want to wait. I called around to every dealership I could find in the state. Not a single one had the combination I wanted. I finally found Ferguson Superstore up in Tulsa, OK. They had one with everything I wanted with only 8 miles on the odometer. I flew up the next week and drove the car down on Christmas Eve. Here are a few pictures when I picked her up!

And this is the first day home.

-Acree

Last edited by Acree; 03-27-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Acree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Acree For This Useful Post:
Diode Dynamics (07-29-2014), GuerillaRacing (02-24-2014), Retro86 (02-18-2014), Sportsguy83 (05-14-2013), supra2nv (03-02-2014), Valentino (07-03-2015)