Old 09-04-2015, 06:53 PM   #34
jmimac351
Chin Chief Instructor

Drives: 2015 Ford F150 Aluminium Couch
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post

Thanks everyone for the valuable information in this thread. I'm at the end of my second year of HPDE with my BRZ (around 35 days) and I'm trying to figure out where I go from here as far as safety. Unfortunately, I don't have a place to park a trailer. So whatever I do has to be safe on the street. That seriously limits my options. After having seen spec miatas and other similarly sized cars roll in youtube videos, I'm not too thrilled about heading out there as I get faster.
Alan, guys like you are exactly why Pomroy put that document together and why we're talking about these things more at Chin Motorsports events.

I'm a Miata guy and will pickup a BRZ very soon. I've had a cage and 4 point bars in my Miatas. For the BRZ, based on what I've seen in my own research about the car unibody design (roof) and crash test videos... I'm going with a 4 point harness - no 4pt roll bar. A harness bar is a possibility. I have the same DefNder H&N restraint as Pomroy, which I will use. The Simpson option is very interesting and I may get one. I'm at a track at least once per month, do checkout rides, and am actually quite risk averse. I'm satisfied that this setup will be appropriate for what I'm doing, and the way I drive.
jmimac351 is offline   Reply With Quote