stugray
Banned

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,445 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
Just to be clear, the 5-second TC press will definitely allow you to spin. I've spun the car numerous times drifting on a wet skidpad.

The pedal dance only makes a difference in two scenarios from what I understand:

1) If you effectively lift a rear wheel under power (it will try to brake the free wheel).
2) Trail-braking using staggered pads.

For all other intents and purposes, the 5-second TC press is effectively like having the nannies full off. I just wanted to clarify that, as I don't want people to think an invisible hand will save them from spinning with the 5-second TC press.
I have had the TC/VSC turn back on in the snow when my ass stepped out just about 10 degrees. I knew better than lifting too abruptly so I was gathering it back up very carefully when the TC/VSC lights came on, and the throttle died. This caused a snap-in oversteer that spun me into oncoming traffic (the opposite direction of the original step out).
This was after holding the buttons for the 5-count and verifying lights came on.
So in some situations, you can do donuts, and other situations, it will intervene.

I wish we knew the real entry criteria for TC/VSC intervention.
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stugray For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (11-14-2014)