Old 01-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #3
Apoc

Drives: Raven FR-S 6M
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_knight View Post
Hey guys,

I'm hoping to receive some advice on my little exhaust situation. I just upgraded my exhaust -- Perrin catback + custom front pipe + custom overpipe -- and the tips aren't aligned. Specifically, the left tip pokes out more the right. The installer told it's due to the "custom weld" of the Perrin and could be fixed with an oxy.

Additionally, there is a bit of vibration and metallic rattle, particularly when going slow in reverse. I got a second opinion from another shop telling me the exhaust was not the right fit, even suspecting it to be a factory second. I asked if the problem could be due to the install, but he doesn't think so.

Just want to know if anyone else has experienced a similar issue and advise on next moves.

Cheers!
The tips on the Perrin catback can be adjusted simply by loosening the v-band clamps and turning the midpipe a bit. Also the hangers provide a bit of range to adjust. I would be suspicious of the second opinion since they seem to not understand how the perrin exhaust is installed. It's easy to install crooked if you just slap it together. I would get under the car at try locate where the pipes are hitting metal, the frontpipe and overpipe have pass very close to the subframe and body. If the aren't the same length and angles for flanges as the stock pipes they can rub and/or push the catback out of alignment

Last edited by Apoc; 01-17-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote