Old 03-03-2017, 01:38 AM   #12
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,862 Times in 16,439 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybot View Post
.........................Sorry if this seemed like a trivial issue to anyone. First time really getting dirty with a car and the learning process is either slow or something gets broken that helps to speed up that process.

Thanks again for the help, and if I can remember to come back to this thread as an update, I will.
Yes, please do.

Nothing trivial about your situation.

I'm glad @Ultramaroon was able to help ......

Reminds me of back-in-the-day, on the farm, the shear bolt sheared off the flywheel of my fathers hay baler. See the big ol flywheel, driven by the PTO (Power Take Off) of the tractor and is connected to that big gear housing that slams that big ol ram to cut and pack the hay ..... ??

Now, guess what happens when the something (like a big rock) jams in the packing shoot and the ram, powered by the big flywheel comes to an abrupt halt. Somethings got to give ...... and that something is the shear bolt.

All is OK, until some dumb shit (me) uses a case hardened bolt for a "shear" bolt.

Yep, my father was not a happy farmer when he had to take that ram into town to the machine shop to have it rebuilt.

Hey, that's how we learn ..... right.....??

What are you shaking your head at @Ultramaroon ..... I don't suppose you ever done anything stupid like that ......

humfrz
Attached Images

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Rybot (03-03-2017), Ultramaroon (03-03-2017)