View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #653
cf6mech

Drives: FRS Silver LS1 swapped.
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Dont see ths need for a surge tank myself unless your thinking drift car or FI and race gas....the main problem is our tank design.....its a saddle with a weak syphoning system for the pax side.....Vorshlog never addressed this for me...after pulling out in traffic with less than a half a tank and taking a left hand turn in a hurry to avoid uncomming traffic my car basically stopped and it got hairy fast....once the fuel evened up it fired up and i floored it so I wouldnt get squashed......so what i ended up doing is wiring in a second pump for pax side of equal output.....forgot the LPH but its over kill..didnt want that near mishap to happen to me again......both pumps feed into a common T obtained through jegs along with the AN plumbing hard lines....The wiring for the pumps with relays supplied by dietchworks with direct voltage coming straight off my rear mounted battery.....works great....have had no issues.....but becauss of my dual fuel pumps the regulator in engine bay had to be turned way down to get to 60 psi , the nominal pressure for A LS1.....but also the 60psi doesnt budge no matter what the demand requires......this saddle tank dual pump set up has been used by others for years.....looked into the hydromat for awhile....but decide against it since this seems to be working fine......long term though since pumps are turning at full capacity they may have longevity issuss....eventual i need a cockpit fuel pressure gauge easily wired in via my regulatod.
The Following User Says Thank You to cf6mech For This Useful Post:
wooly35 (10-04-2016)