View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 07:23 PM   #55
gtslow

Drives: 2015 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
As for the ND, we will likely have one and videos on it but you can be sure I won't be an early adopter of boosting a 13:1 motor.
Ding ding ding... I think you hit the nail on the head for the FR-S as well. The car would have been such an amazing performer with little modification in all areas if Toyota & Subaru hadn't been so pig headed and forced a high compression, naturally aspirated engine with port & direction injection into the car. Japanese automakers had N/A and Turbo variants all throughout the 80s and 90s for their sport compacts. Why not now?

I think this is by and large a failing of the Japanese automakers in the past few years with the cars that are supposed to reinvigorate the brand. Hell an argument could be made for Japanese products in many industries. They release cars without looking at their markets and what enthusiasts to the brand will buy e.g. CR-Z, 86, Civic SI, Eclipse etc.

If you want to look at a brand that is doing it right look at Ford. Minor quality issues aside, they have really breathed life back into the brand with their performance offerings.
gtslow is offline   Reply With Quote