View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 11:30 AM   #16
EdibleSmurf

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes you could easily build a system on your own and do all the wiring for likely 1/2 of what they're asking. What they're charging is reasonable though because it looks QUALITY, IMO.

With their product they're providing a very streamlined install that has those pre-wired connectors that would spare you hours of headache splicing into the existing ones. I like how specifically tailored their kit is. I like all the little touches, like the amp mounted to the back of the subwoofer, and the tweeters being drop-in. The wiring harnesses alone would make me want to pay the extra. They look like it would be fun to do this on a weekend, instead of hours of stripping wires and crimping connectors.

You could go cheaper, but it would require way more time and effort, they're marketing convenience along with what appears to be a competitive product. If you merely bought components and went to a professional installer you'd likely pay more than this kit, so I personally would feel comfortable pulling the trigger on a kit like this.
EdibleSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote