View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 02:20 AM   #23
rb6freak

Drives: 23 BRZ
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrom View Post
Could you elaborate on your suggestion? I would assume you have seen many different kits personally. I myself am trying to figure out what FI direction I want to go. It's proving difficult as there are several turbo vs SC threads (all of which invariably trend toward "not this question again!") so I have avoided asking the question outright.

I lean toward turbo kits since that's what I know (owned a modified MR2 Turbo back in the day) but I haven't seen a single kit that has all the features I want.

Is the PTuning kit any laggier than the front or low mount kits out there?
I've done nearly two dozen track days on my PTuning turbo kit (series 1). Their series 2 kit addresses any and all issues that would be related to heavy track use. I've since upgraded to their series 2 components (stainless coolant lines, less wiring, less weight, better exhaust routing, better heat shielding, etc...).

Just talking about the entire turbo system, not the car and its heat/wear management.

Anyways to sum up your original concerns, here is my comments on the PTuning kit;

- Fitment: Spot on. A lot of piping to install but really straight forward.
- Quality: 10/10 I can't say much more than that. Not one component has broken, chafed, worn excessively during my track use.
- Performance: Series 2 has a bit more flexibility of turbo choice which gives you options to chose the performance you want.

I have 35,000 miles on my turbo kit, its been installed on 2 cars and like I said nearly 2 dozen track days on it. If you want to see first hand how it's held up, we're in the same County.