View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #168
regal

Drives: Scion FR-S/Toyota Yaris
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-FT86 View Post
I would think if your car is stock and under warranty you shouldn't worry but after the warranty time expires you should jump on that coverage. I need to check if my insurance has the same thing.

Isn't that sort of coverage only good if your engine completely breaks down? If you are astute to your engine making odd noises and bring it in they will probably just call this normal wear and tear?

One scenario is enough people complain and they fix this issue by the 2015 MY and those of us who drive "aggressively" will throw a rod and get a good engine before the 5 years is up. Definitely document oil changes and pay for the 30k mile service racket

Better would be to find a tuner to develop a conservative 99.999% detonation free tune, not just modify the transient retard table but really dive deep into preventing detonation to the point that the knock correction index is not a factor.

I think Toyotas hands are tied with emission promises, I'm looking at investing in BRZ-edit and fix the transient ignition, make closed loop as minimal as possible, find the right spots to pull timing and add fuel. But need fresh O-rings first. Shouldn't be that difficult. If someone figures it out hopefully it will be shared with the community.

Mods:
Clear fender side lights
Tactrix ZA1JB01C 2014 Calib
regal is offline   Reply With Quote