View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 01:20 PM   #151
rennlistuser3

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
By spec the ft86 has less headroom. (.9") but that's always based on a specific seat setting and I don't know which each used for either. Also since the top was off the car I couldn't really see if it's designed to allow additional height in the shell I was just comparing to the holes that it slides into. Once they are sitting around the dealership lot I'll try again but with a helmet. The 86 is close for me but I fit fine with a helmet in it. I believe that I run the seat more reclined than I'd prefer to do so though. I normally track the ZLE these days as that HP and TQ are so addicting and cornering speeds are no different than a somewhat built 86. Now brake feel compared to an 86 with Essex brakes... lol another story there.

I'll probably track the next 86 more (thanks to @Opie for dealing with its delivery today!)..

As for the 911, they understeer if you drive them wrong. The RR layout makes it easy for massive understeer under throttle. Trail braking is absolutely key for driving one fast at the track. I doubt these reviewers forgot the c8 was mid engine (which in my experience has the best balance of all layouts) so I have to suspect that Chevy built in understeer in case their average corvette car show buyer bought them and didn't have the talent to actually drive them.

Either way the base car with z51 still doesn't compete well against the ZLE I suspect so I'll cancel and consider a higher end model once they are available for far under MSRP....
going a bit off topic here...but do you miss the FT86 tossability compared to the ZLE considering the ZLE is a very heavy car?

That's a huge concern for me with any variant of the C8. It will be no less than 3500 lb (approx. 1600 kg) and that is a lot of weight into corners and I fear it'll dull up the experience a good bit. I mainly got the FT86 for that light nimble feeling.
rennlistuser3 is offline   Reply With Quote